Friday, December 21, 2012

Fun Holiday Questionnaire

Christmas is my favorite time of the year! I love the decorations, the christmas shopping, gathering with family, possibility of snow (well not anymore since I live in Florida) and most importantly the reason we celebrate Christmas, the birth of Jesus.

I typically don't do these survey's but I saw this one on Julie's blog last year and thought it was cute so I'm giving it a try!

25 Holiday Questions

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? --> Definitely hot chocolate! This girl LOVES her chocolate!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or put them under the tree? --> Santa doesn't visit our house anymore, but I'm sure he will make a reappearance when the kiddos come along. When I was younger Santa always wrapped his presents in bright red paper and wrote in all caps.

3. Colored lights or white lights on a house? --> I like the classic white look. I think it looks nicer. But if you are going to go all out like the Griswald's please use colored!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? --> No, but I saw one this year a Lowe's thought we should get one.

5. When do you hang your decorations up? --> We don't really have a set day when we put up decorations. Anywhere between the day after thanksgiving until the first or second week of December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? (excluding desert) --> Sweet potato casserole.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? --> I don't really remember this but I watched a video of me on my 3rd or 4th Christmas and walked into a room with a barbie corvette and a baby doll in the driver's seat and started freaking out. Also, my family and I would drive around and look at the houses in our town decorated with lights.

8. What is on your Christmas wish list? --> I really want a Garmin watch to track my workouts, calories burned, and heart rate so I can have a more effective workout.

9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? --> Not typically. Growing up we were allowed to open one small gift on Christmas eve.

10. How do you decorate your tree? --> Ever since John and I got married we've bought a real tree so we decorate it with the typical ornaments and lights. I bought our ornaments after Christmas at Target and got them all for 75% off. Stock up on decorations at that time to get the most for your money!

11. Snow, love it or dread it? --> LOVE IT! Oh what I would give to see just one flurry! I've lived up north for most of my life and now that I live in Florida it feels so different around this time of the year. I'm always hoping for a Christmas miracle of snow.

12. Real or fake tree? --> Doesn't matter to me!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? --> 2 years ago John surprised me with a really nice digital camera. I typically can figure out what I'm getting before I actually open the gift but I remembered being completely surprised and did not have a thought in my mind that, that would be my gift. I was so happy!

14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?--> The birth of Jesus and spending time with the fam.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?--> I love dessert, so anything is fine!

16. What is your favorite tradition? --> Watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

17. What tops your tree? --> A star!

18. Do you prefer giving or received? --> I experience more joy giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? --> Jingle Bell Rock, I'll be home for Christmas, Let it Snow, Silent Night

20. Candy Canes, yum or yuck? --> They are ok, but not something I would choose to munch on.

21. Favorite Christmas movie? --> Christmas Vacation!

22. What do you leave for Santa? --> Nothing right now!

23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? --> Watch the parade!

24. Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall? --> At the mall, the experience is better!

25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? Hmm... that's a tough one. I enjoy both. I really like the letter because it's more in depth and detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment