YEsterday my friends Stephanie and I worked out at the gym and then decided we wanted to go downtown and walk around Lake Eola. IT was so much fun! AS we were walking we stumbled upon a
Monday, December 31, 2012
Saturday, December 29, 2012
My parents live in the midwest and the night of Christmas they got over a foot of snow! I'm a tad bit jealous. This morning as I was browsing through facebook my newsfeed was filled with all of these beautiful pictures of back home.
They recieved another 3-6 inches last night.
I've been living in Florida for a year and half now and I still can't get used to "winter" and "cold weather" here. It's not the same for this midwest girl. Seeing everyone's pictures of the beautiful snowfall makes me miss the winter season and home so much.
However, I am thankful I don't have to get up early in the morning to scrape the snow off of my car and turn the heat on full blast so I'm not shivering as I drive to work. :)
Thanks to everyone for posting your pictures! The snow is simply beautiful! Enjoy it for me :)
Friday, December 21, 2012
I typically don't do these survey's but I saw this one on Julie's blog last year and thought it was cute so I'm giving it a try!
25 Holiday Questions
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? --> Definitely hot chocolate! This girl LOVES her chocolate!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or put them under the tree? --> Santa doesn't visit our house anymore, but I'm sure he will make a reappearance when the kiddos come along. When I was younger Santa always wrapped his presents in bright red paper and wrote in all caps.
3. Colored lights or white lights on a house? --> I like the classic white look. I think it looks nicer. But if you are going to go all out like the Griswald's please use colored!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? --> No, but I saw one this year a Lowe's thought we should get one.
5. When do you hang your decorations up? --> We don't really have a set day when we put up decorations. Anywhere between the day after thanksgiving until the first or second week of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? (excluding desert) --> Sweet potato casserole.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? --> I don't really remember this but I watched a video of me on my 3rd or 4th Christmas and walked into a room with a barbie corvette and a baby doll in the driver's seat and started freaking out. Also, my family and I would drive around and look at the houses in our town decorated with lights.
8. What is on your Christmas wish list? --> I really want a Garmin watch to track my workouts, calories burned, and heart rate so I can have a more effective workout.
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? --> Not typically. Growing up we were allowed to open one small gift on Christmas eve.
10. How do you decorate your tree? --> Ever since John and I got married we've bought a real tree so we decorate it with the typical ornaments and lights. I bought our ornaments after Christmas at Target and got them all for 75% off. Stock up on decorations at that time to get the most for your money!
11. Snow, love it or dread it? --> LOVE IT! Oh what I would give to see just one flurry! I've lived up north for most of my life and now that I live in Florida it feels so different around this time of the year. I'm always hoping for a Christmas miracle of snow.
12. Real or fake tree? --> Doesn't matter to me!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? --> 2 years ago John surprised me with a really nice digital camera. I typically can figure out what I'm getting before I actually open the gift but I remembered being completely surprised and did not have a thought in my mind that, that would be my gift. I was so happy!
14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?--> The birth of Jesus and spending time with the fam.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?--> I love dessert, so anything is fine!
16. What is your favorite tradition? --> Watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
17. What tops your tree? --> A star!
18. Do you prefer giving or received? --> I experience more joy giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? --> Jingle Bell Rock, I'll be home for Christmas, Let it Snow, Silent Night
20. Candy Canes, yum or yuck? --> They are ok, but not something I would choose to munch on.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? --> Christmas Vacation!
22. What do you leave for Santa? --> Nothing right now!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? --> Watch the parade!
24. Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall? --> At the mall, the experience is better!
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? Hmm... that's a tough one. I enjoy both. I really like the letter because it's more in depth and detail!