Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Recap

2010 Recap



2010 was a very transitional year for John and I.

We started the year off in January by moving from Illinois to Central Georgia the day before our 1 year wedding anniversary. We moved ALL of our belongings in 4 inches of snow as well :) We also had to say goodbye to our family and our very close friends that we had made over the years.

February/March


John and I spent most of our days working. I worked at a local pre-school and John worked for a local hospital doing web design.  This time kind of seemed like a blur. This was probably during the time when everything started sinking in that I really moved 8 hours away from my friends and family and all I wanted to do was go home.
April/May 

John and I did our yearly graduation photography.We had the opportunity to go to Boston. Even though we were only there one night. We had a blast and concluded that we would love to go back some day when we have more time to enjoy the area.  We also celebrated Bentley's 1st Birthday and visited the Biltmore Estate!


June

This was probably the best month while living in Perry. My friend Ashley came to visit me. We went to Savannah, Tybee Island, and Hilton Head Island. We spent most of our time at the ocean. Which was perfect in our eyes. Just having her their brought me lots of joy & happiness.  She was just what I needed during that time.

July...

was hot! I began to experience my first year of TRUE humidity and heat that the south brings every summer. Bentley had an interesting month too. He was bitten under his arm by a brown recluse spider. For several weeks he was unable to move and lost his appetite. We felt so sorry for our little baby boy. Luckily, he healed from his spider bite. And was able go on his morning walk/run with his grampie.


Molly and Ryan came for a visit!  We went to Six Flags and to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta and later to the Varsity for lunch.  We were so happy to hang out with them! And cannot wait for their upcoming wedding! :)


We also got to photograph the Peach Tree Road Race. Which was very cool and inspiring!

August

John accepted a job in a different part of Georgia so we had to move right away. This was a very exciting time for us. (Not so much with the packing). Off we were onto a new adventure. We also had the opportunity to go back to Illinois for two of our very close friends wedding! It was a great time of celebration and reuniting with everyone. It was also very hard to say goodbye again.



September/October

We moved into our new house. Explored the area & a couple weeks later I got a new job too!  I also attended my first FSU football game!


November

Our friend's Brad and Ellen came to visit us for the weekend. We celebrated Thanksgiving with them. We also toured some homes in our neighborhood and dreamed... maybe one day. And my favorite part was our carriage ride we took around downtown Madison.





December

John and I ventured out of our little work bubble and spent a night out on the town in Buckhead. It was a lot of fun. We also spent Christmas in Perry with John's family. Oh, and I cannot forget to mention that it snowed on Christmas!!




Happy 2011!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment